Who Should Apply?
Employers Information: Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision
The Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision is primarily targeting existing retail employees who have been identified by retailers as future supervisors or managers in their organisation. Existing retail supervisors or retail managers would also find this programme highly beneficial. All applications for the Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision must come directly from retailers.
Apprentices enrolled in the programme come from a wide range of different retail subsectors, including grocery, hardware, pharmacy, fashion, garden, and forecourt.
Retailers Top 5 Motives for Enrolling an Apprentice on the Programme
- Succession Planning
- Address Organisational Knowledge Gaps
- Talent Attraction
- Talent Retention
- Improve Employee Morale
Existing Apprentice Profile
- Apprentices from 15 different countries currently on programme
- Apprentices enrolled from every county in Ireland
- Apprentices from over 90 different retail organisations on the programme since it commenced
- Gender – 50% female and 50% male split
- 29 is the average age of an apprentice with apprentices aging 18 – 55 on the programme
€4,000 Employers Grant available to retailers for every employee they enrol on the programme.
All applications for the Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision programme must come directly from the retail employer organisation and not the individual. School leavers and career switchers interested in enrolling on this programme must secure retail employment with a retailer willing to sponsor them over the two years.