Employers Information: Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision
The Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision offers a dynamic and innovative opportunity for people working in retail, school leavers, and career switchers to pursue a career as a Retail Supervisor.
The entry requirements to enrol on the programme:
- Applicants must be 18 years or older to obtain a place on the programme with Grade O6/H7 or above in 5 Leaving Certificate subjects (including Maths F2/06/H7 along with English or Irish 06/H7) or a full QQI Level 5 or higher qualification.
Applicants who are 18 and over but do not meet the traditional academic / certified entry requirements, may also seek entry based on their prior experiential learning (i.e. work experience). This will involve presenting supporting evidence and undergoing a Recognition of Prior learning interview with Retail Ireland Skillnet. *
Applications can only be made by retail businesses based in the Republic of Ireland for full-time employees. All apprentices must be in full time employment with a retailer for the duration of the programme.
- International applicants must present the equivalent of a full Level 5 qualification or higher. Learners for whom English is not their first language must demonstrate proficiency in English. Applicants should achieve a minimum of a grade B2 in the Oxford English Test or equivalent in other recognised English Tests. We provide an English Language test for apprentices for who English is not their first-language.
There is an annual intake for the Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision, with classroom and online delivery commencing in September and ending in May/June. Applications are accepted all year round and we are happy to host Information Workshops for retailers who would like to find out more information.
The programme is delivered in three locations:
- Dublin – Retail Ireland Skillnet Griffith College City Education Centre, 25 Wolfe Tone Street, Dublin 1, D01 X9K7
- Galway – Retail Ireland Skillnet Galway Business School, Salthill, Co. Galway, H91 CDW4
- Cork – Retail Ireland Skillnet, The Address Hotel, Military Hill, Saint Luke’s, Cork, T23 T292
Applications to enrol on the Apprenticeship in Retail Supervision programme must be submitted by the retail employer. Applications cannot be accepted directly from individuals interested in enrolling on the programme. All apprentices must be sponsored by a retailer for the duration of the two-year programme. Applications cannot be made directly from school leavers, retail employees or career switchers. All apprentices must be sponsored by a retailer for the duration of the two-year programme.
To help you select the right employee to enrol on the programme, we have put together a guide below…
* Proposed change to entry requirements is subject to validation.