Managing Absenteeism Workshop
The aim of this programme is to help to create a work environment that minimises the potential for absenteeism by effectively and proactively managing attendance at work and contributing to the positive engagement of all employees.
The workshop aims to assist management teams in minimising absenteeism in store and understanding their legal obligations relating to Statutory Sick Pay 2022.
- Prepare for the 2022 Statutory Sick Pay Legislation
- Recognise the causes of absenteeism within your control
- Understand the cost and total impact of absenteeism
- Effectively manage attendance / absenteeism
We require a minimum of 12 attendees per workshop booking. To ensure participants get the most from the programme we have capped the number of attendees, at a maximum of 15. If your organisation requires a smaller number of places and is prepared to share places with other retail organisations, please contact us for further information.
For more information please get in touch with the team at Retail Ireland Skillnet on 074 9176853, email email@example.com or fill out the query form below.
- The importance of policy and process in managing absence
- Impact of poor attendance and time keeping on the bottom line
- Recognising the different types of and reasons for absenteeism
- Clear, consistent communication, accurate information and expectations in relation to attendance at work
- Effective monitoring during probation
- Ongoing Attendance monitoring: time keeping & attendance, clocking procedures and regular reviews
- Implementation of Absence Notification Policy
- Record Keeping: Recording all absences and medical certification
- Conducting effective Return to Work interviews/meetings
- Long term absence and role of independent occupational health opinion
- Understanding the upcoming Statutory Sick Pay obligations