Retail Assessor Workshop
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to conduct assessments, understand certifying body requirements and gain an understanding of a diverse range of assessment tools appropriate to a wide range of participants.
Delivered as part of Occupational Training
Before Occupational Training commences, employers must identify employees that will be trained to mentor and access employees through the suite of occupational training.
For more information please get in touch with the team at Retail Ireland Skillnet on 074 9176853, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the query form below.
- Understand Retail Occupational Qualifications
- Understand the role of an Assessor/ trainer
- Complete the assessment process of candidates
- Understand how people learn
- Prepare a training session
- Evaluate training
- Set goals and objectives.
- Work in retail and proficient in the job they are assessing.
- Candidate’s supervisor or tutor or line manager and ideally in daily contact with candidate.
- Hold or be working towards the Retail standards of Assessor Competence.
- Familiar with Retail Occupational Qualifications which they are assessing.
- Able to differentiate between training and assessment.
- Able to maintain assessment documentation.
- Able to provide constructive feedback.
- Have a genuine interest in the development of your staff
- Maintain high standards in the workplace