Practical Employment Law Workshop
This interactive workshop provides a comprehensive and practical knowledge of the employment journey including the key areas of Employment Law.
This comprehensive one-day workshop is designed to help retailers navigate employment law with confidence and ease. With a focus on key areas of Employment Law, participants will gain a practical understanding of legal compliance and best practices. By completing this workshop, retailers will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage their workforce, while minimising legal risks and liabilities.
This includes understanding the recruitment process, managing employee contracts and terminations, and complying with regulations related to pay and benefits. By investing in this programme, retailers can ensure that their organisation is operating in a legally compliant and ethical manner, while also fostering a positive workplace culture that values and supports their employees.
- To gain a practical knowledge of the employment law affecting employers in the retail sector
- Raise awareness and understanding of the responsibilities of employers
- Enhance compliance & best practice in employment law
- Know where to access further relevant information
- Know what to expect from a WRC audit.
- Overview of the Employment Relationship
- The Contract of Employment and Terms – The Terms of Employment (Information) Acts 1994-2014
- Zero hours | Probationary periods | Part Time | The Grievance Policy
- Working Time – The Organisation of Working Time Act 1997
- Health and Safety at Work – The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Introduction to workplace privacy and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Employment Equality
- The Employment Equality Acts 1998 – 2015 | The Gender Pay Gap Information Act 2021
- Practice and Procedure in Employment Law
- An examination of recent case law |The Workplace Relations Commission | The Labour Court
- Introduction to Fair Procedures and Natural Justice
- Case Law and Discussion
Target Audience: Supervisors / Managers / HR Personnel
|For Groups up to 20
|Classroom (Company Venue)
|RIS Training Venue
- 20 is the maximum number of learners an organisation can enrol in a single workshop.
- On occasion we have workshops scheduled where retail employees from different organisations join the same workshop, the price per person is €75 for online and €125 in a RIS Training venue.