Practical Employment Law Workshop
This interactive workshop provides a comprehensive and practical knowledge of the employment journey including the key areas of Employment Law.
On completion of this workshop retailers will be equipped with the knowledge and confidence to understand how to achieve legal compliance and best practice in the organisation.
- To gain a practical knowledge of the employment law affecting employers in the retail sector
- Raise awareness and understanding of the responsibilities of employers
- Enhance compliance & best practice in employment law
- Know where to access further relevant information
- Know what to expect from a WRC audit.
We require a minimum of 12 attendees per workshop booking. To ensure participants get the most from the programme we have capped the number of attendees, at a maximum of 15. If your organisation requires a smaller number of places and is prepared to share places with other retail organisations, please contact us for further information.
For more information please get in touch with the team at Retail Ireland Skillnet on 074 9176853, email email@example.com or fill out the query form below.
- Overview of the Employment Relationship
- The Contract of Employment and Terms – The Terms of Employment (Information) Acts 1994-2014
- Zero hours
- Probationary periods
- Part Time
- The Grievance Policy
- Working Time – The Organisation of Working Time Act 1997
- Health and Safety at Work – The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Introduction to workplace privacy and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Employment Equality
- The Employment Equality Acts 1998 – 2015
- The Gender Pay Gap Information Act 2021
- Practice and Procedure in Employment Law
- An examination of recent case law
- The Workplace Relations Commission
- The Labour Court
- Introduction to Fair Procedures and Natural Justice
- Case Law and Discussion